Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-16 13:45:47

Headloc
Bomb Jack
Website

feedback mod appreciation

I recently finished all the mods i've been slowly adding to the c64 over the past 7 years.
Some of these mods include:
the duel sid, (8580R5 x2)
1/4" jack outputs and inputs for each sid
the pot mod
The noise reduction mod
the feedback mod with a separate switch and pot for each sid.

Last night I gave a demonstration to a friend which turned into the first real performance of the c64 since finishing all the mods.
I wanted to show him the feedback mod so I started experimenting with that in the monosynth. The results were more than impressive. Absolutely mind blowing at times. I couldn't stop smiling smile
So I felt the need to share this experience just in case there is someone out there thinking of adding the feedback mod to their machine but not sure if it's worth the extra work.
In my humble opinion I would say, do it. It is well worth the effort for the added sound possibilities.

make it come out green...

#2 2016-04-16 19:40:20

MadModder
Bomb Jack

Re: feedback mod appreciation

That is exactly my plan. It'll happen. Some time... big_smile

Last edited by MadModder (2016-04-16 19:40:40)

#3 2016-04-17 00:45:19

Headloc
Bomb Jack
Website

Reading my post back now I feel like I was gushing a bit. I realize it is a subjective thing and I don't mean to hype it up more than I should. I mean, when I say "mind blowing" people reading that might imagine the coolest sound they've ever heard in their life... I just want to clarify, it probably won't be that smile
But it does give you another sine like osc to play with once you get it self oscillating.
I was using the random lfo to modulate the filter, synced with my other gear. then running that to some delays and big reverbs. It sounded very cool to us, but we were pretty spaced out already. wink
I still highly recommend it.
Good luck MadModder!

Last edited by Headloc (2016-04-17 00:46:18)

make it come out green...

#4 2017-05-24 10:54:11

neal beard
Nibbler
Website

Headloc wrote:

Reading my post back now I feel like I was gushing a bit. I realize it is a subjective thing and I don't mean to hype it up more than I should. I mean, when I say "mind blowing" people reading that might imagine the coolest sound they've ever heard in their life... I just want to clarify, it probably won't be that smile
But it does give you another sine like osc to play with once you get it self oscillating.
I was using the random lfo to modulate the filter, synced with my other gear. then running that to some delays and big reverbs. It sounded very cool to us, but we were pretty spaced out already. wink
I still highly recommend it.

No apology necessary– there's a satisfaction that comes from/making/modding/diy ing an  instrument that is hard to describe...

When the thing works anyway!

You don't get that from buying off the shelf.

Thanks for sharing your stoke!

Last edited by neal beard (2017-05-24 10:55:12)

Board footer