PROPHET64 & MSSIAH Userforum

Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » SID AND SID2SID
  •  » dualsid: replace original sid audio out with jack output, help please?

#1 2011-07-24 18:04:21

bumperfunk
Bloody beginner

dualsid: replace original sid audio out with jack output, help please?

Hi,

i have the dualsid + mssiah + c64 breadbox, with the sid in the original position (top, if you look at the motherboard)

audio out of the dualsid pcb goes to an extra jack output socket which i installed.
now i want to replace the original audio output (8pin din) with also a jack out.

on the dualsid website there is a picture where to solder this wire, but this picture is with a breadbox where the sid sits in the middle of the board and not on top like mine.
(http://koti.mbnet.fi/malinto/dualsid/ga … 4_open.jpg)
so i have doubts where to connect the wire to.

i know i have to follow where pin3 connects to the motherboard and solder a wire there, but just having a hard time to find it really (i'm not used to work on the inside of computers)

is there someone here who can show me a picture of where exactly i have to connect the wire so the original audio output of the 8pin din, can be connected to the extra jack out socket i've installed?

thank you!
:-)

#2 2012-02-27 11:07:34

Coralio
GI-Joe

Re: dualsid: replace original sid audio out with jack output, help please?

Wow this place isn't too busy isn't it, haha. smile Not many c64 maniacs around.

In your place I'd grab the C64 mainboard schematics for the revision you have, figure out where the audio pin of the VIDEO port is connected, find the respective parts on the mainboard by number, and solder there. smile

• Index
  •  » SID AND SID2SID
  •  » dualsid: replace original sid audio out with jack output, help please?

Board footer