Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-08 15:41:22

djjonnyjams
Zak
Website

How can I save my instrument settings?

I have found sequencer to be my application of choice because I'm only using the mssiah as an outboard midi synth. I don't do any sequencing with sequencer, I just like being able to access each voice of the SID on a different midi channel. I go into the instruments panel and choose three different presets (one for each voice) and then I go to midi mode and I set each voice to a different midi channel, then I set the appropriate midi routings in ableton and voila! I got three channels of awesome MIDI - SID synth action!

Is there a way I can save the presets and midi settings on mssiah so I can pull up different configurations that correspond with my different ableton projects? I don't want to have to do all those settings every time I start the mssiah, and every time I load a different ableton project that uses different voice presets (mssiah instruments)

I have read that saving to tape is not an option with sequencer, but I don't wish to save any sequence data, just my settings. I have a tape drive on the way, and I also have the xm1541 cable and vc1541 software, but I get errors when i try to save to .d64 with that setup. So, is there any way to save the instrument settings to tape, or can someone reccomend a better software for my cable? (I already know about 64ctpc)
Or, is there a way to save these kinds of presets on the mssiah cart?

Am I the only guy who makes hip-hop with SID Chips?

#2 2010-01-29 23:34:11

rumpelfilter
GI-Joe

Re: How can I save my instrument settings?

That's something I'm wondering as well... and the manual doesn't really say anything about it... maybe we have to save the whole project on disk to really have it saved... but dunno. Anybody has a clue on this?

#3 2010-02-02 09:40:31

Bloody beginner

For save my instrument setting, I use the Mssiah same a external midi synthétiseur, I save in .arr, I create my instrument, and after I save the projet with my 1541poockett (in a SD card). I don't have problem. and it's quiclky, but, when I connect my 1541 it's load during 2 minutes. 

test to save in .arr, your total project.

#4 2010-02-02 17:58:47

rumpelfilter
GI-Joe

Thanks, will try that... I only need a 1541 pocket... I know there is also an interface to connect the C64 directly to a pc using the serial port. THe C64 sees the pc as a floppy drive and you can save straigt to the HD... take a look here: http://www.cancarpet.com/saymantek/c64tpc_en.html

#5 2010-04-27 10:32:24

artekrtk
Bloody beginner

rumpelfilter wrote:

Thanks, will try that... I only need a 1541 pocket... I know there is also an interface to connect the C64 directly to a pc using the serial port. THe C64 sees the pc as a floppy drive and you can save straigt to the HD... take a look here: http://www.cancarpet.com/saymantek/c64tpc_en.html

I have actually bought this item, works perfectly and it emulates up to 4 floppy drives
If any1 have it please share P64 sequencer demo song as .arr file

#6 2010-05-05 08:22:22

moogplayer
GI-Joe

I'm still looking for an immediate solution to save mono synth presets. I really don't want to use a laptop. 1541U-II isn't out yet, and I have gigs lined up. I guess I may have to go floppy disk route (perhaps a later 1581 drive) unless someone has another solution that is available NOW.

Board footer