PROPHET64 & MSSIAH Userforum




Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.



You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-11 22:08:23

AxiMaxi
PROPHET64 GURU
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 548
Website

Commodore Gear Porn!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~dokmai/prophet64/complete_collection.jpg


If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough.

Offline

 

#2 2006-08-11 22:11:20

Jaicen
Centipede
Registered: 2006-07-14
Posts: 461

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

Now you're just showing off! wink

Damn I wish I had the space/money for all that! Do I see a graphics tablet in there?

Offline

 

#3 2006-08-11 22:18:34

AxiMaxi
PROPHET64 GURU
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 548
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

Jaicen wrote:

Now you're just showing off! wink

Yeah, I am lol

Jaicen wrote:

Damn I wish I had the space/money for all that! Do I see a graphics tablet in there?

Yep, a genuine Koala Pad with original stylo and software (not on photo).

Most of this was collected over the last 7 years, with a peak in the last 6 months.
I must've spend about EUR 400,- on it all, the SX64 doing [edit]1/4th[/edit] of that.
That is excluding my original setup (1 C64 and a 1541C).

Last edited by AxiMaxi (2006-08-11 22:38:03)


If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough.

Offline

 

#4 2006-08-11 23:16:32

Jaicen
Centipede
Registered: 2006-07-14
Posts: 461

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

Well I am very jealous, but I have to be a little more selective what I buy with my little house wink I'm definitely going to get a 1541C or 1541-II if I can find one locally. At the minute i'm also looking locally for an A1200HD or maybe a 600 if I see one cheap enough, and a C116 (but not at 100euro!). I do plan to buy all the C64's I see though, call it a dirty habit! I don't do ebay though, or my little room would be stuffed!!

Offline

 

#5 2006-08-11 23:43:11

KONEY
PROPHET64 GURU
From: VENICE - ITALY
Registered: 2006-07-08
Posts: 1062
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

AxiMaxi wrote:

Jaicen wrote:

Now you're just showing off! wink

Yeah, I am lol

Me too. Nothing much rare here, but it's working and in my living room, like if it was in '80s...

http://www.koney.org/files/Commodore64_desktop.jpg

Offline

 

#6 2006-08-11 23:55:20

AxiMaxi
PROPHET64 GURU
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 548
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

E-bay usually is too expensive.
People selling on E-bay are either out for too much money or they really know what they sell.
In both cases you won't find bargains.
You will hardly find me there, although I picked up some small Commodore pins and an original advert for a Sequential Circuits MIDI interface (which, unfortunately, I only own the smaller brother of).

I decided not to buy anything other than C64/C128 compatible stuff and nothing less powerfull either (C16 / VIC-20).
Also, I'm not looking for other machines, however rare, because there's no emotional connection.
Only free (or really cheap and easy to sell) stuff out of this boundary will enter my house from now.

At this moment, the Amigas are an exception, because I want to learn more about them.
Well, not even a real exception: they came for free together with that nasty and dirty C128.

For the same reason I picked up a C16 (free too), but it's gone already.
Made a good profit in the process smile

It's just that I feel lucky I can now buy all the stuff I dreamt of as a little boy.
First because the finances are there, but also because I moved to a fairly large house.
The room I have this stuff all stored in, is about 20 m, although my girlfriend won't allow me to use all that space.
With some effort, it only takes a complete closet and some floor space smile

But it does help when you need the room to display all your gear wink


If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough.

Offline

 

#7 2006-08-12 00:18:22

KONEY
PROPHET64 GURU
From: VENICE - ITALY
Registered: 2006-07-08
Posts: 1062
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

AxiMaxi wrote:

The room I have this stuff all stored in, is about 20 m, although my girlfriend won't allow me to use all that space.

Did you try by selling the girlfriend? This usually leaves lot of room wink

However it's not true there are no bargains in internet. I got that white 1541 and a c128 for 8 euro. Both working, exept the missing SID. It's still a bargain!

Offline

 

#8 2006-08-12 10:58:01

AxiMaxi
PROPHET64 GURU
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 548
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

KONEY wrote:

However it's not true there are no bargains in internet. I got that white 1541 and a c128 for 8 euro. Both working, exept the missing SID. It's still a bargain!

I didn't say "internet", I said "Ebay", which is a difference.
Most of my stuff I find through the internet.


If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough.

Offline

 

#9 2006-08-12 13:16:00

www.DOGMATECH.info
Bomb Jack
Registered: 2006-07-08
Posts: 36
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

E-bay is okay if you can get your hand on risky deals like:"I found a box on my attic with 4 commodore 64 keyboards....I don`t know if they work"

You will get a lot of stuff, I have a plastik bag full of joystiks now (only the half of them is working) a lot of floppy discs and even original software and floppy drives etc.

I got 10 - 11 C64 now and the average price was around 7 per computer.

I will show of as soon as I fought the giant spiders in my cellar to take a foto;-)


Join the Nintendohardcoreacidkamikazesamurai army!!!
http://www.myspace.com/dogmatech

Offline

 

#10 2006-08-12 19:11:59

Slorrin
PROPHET64 GURU
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 871

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

In toronto, if you look around for Commodore stuff, it's very very very expensive.. ebay is a bargain compared to that.

But if ebay is expensive.. where are you buying stuff?!  tell me!

Offline

 

#11 2006-08-12 20:18:05

ron
PROPHET64 GURU
From: berlin
Registered: 2006-07-08
Posts: 502
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

I dunno, ebay's nice for all the last minute 1,00 biddings that make it to the end. Besides i just let people know what i'm looking for - there are so many attics and cellars with plenty of stuff useless to their owners. Like half of my collection was donated to me from less nostalgic friends, or traded for anything i didn't care big_smile And fleamarkets, of course. That goes for anything non-urgent... If i needed anything immediately i had to go for the higher ebay sales...

By the way: My girfriend is into oldschool gaming too. So i got permission to spread the stuff all across the flat! And this is not the only reason i didn't sell her on ebay   wink

Offline

 

#12 2006-08-12 21:08:54

AxiMaxi
PROPHET64 GURU
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 548
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

Like Ron, sometimes things are just donated to me, but this isn't very often.
For the rest I use a Dutch 2nd hand market website called Marktplaats (Marketplace, in English).


If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough.

Offline

 

#13 2006-08-13 18:16:36

philip
Gianas Sister
From: Berlin, Germany
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 29
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

I bought a C64C from ebay two weeks ago for 1 Euro. Just look for misspelled auctions and descriptions of sellers that seem to lack the knowledge about what that "thing" they're auctioning off actually is.

The C64C for example was offered as a "Commondore keyboard with cable", while the picture showed one complete C64 ("keyboard") with the PSU ("cable"). A good buy for 1 Euro (~ $1.27).

I bought a 1351 mouse for 4 Euros as well.

Then again, I guess Europe and especially Germany was the main market for these computers back then, so they are still very easy to find. I'd say there is no flea market here without at least one commodore-related item.

Offline

 

#14 2006-08-14 12:46:40

AxiMaxi
PROPHET64 GURU
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 548
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

We're drifting off a bit, but who cares...

Now I remember what my biggest disappointment was, when looking at eBay: those Americans who only want to ship nationally!
There's a lot of stuff for sale in the USA, but now way they ship to Europe.
Why is that?


If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough.

Offline

 

#15 2006-08-14 13:10:46

KONEY
PROPHET64 GURU
From: VENICE - ITALY
Registered: 2006-07-08
Posts: 1062
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

They don't thrust us...

Also handling any trouble within their own country is far more easy than overseas....

Offline

 

#16 2006-08-14 14:40:24

herr_prof
Space Invader
From: Joisey City, Nou Joisey
Registered: 2006-07-11
Posts: 136
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

yea we dont really have any tracking protection when we ship overseas. If you say its lost, you dont even have to prove you never received it! Big Hassle!

Offline

 

#17 2006-08-14 14:46:26

KONEY
PROPHET64 GURU
From: VENICE - ITALY
Registered: 2006-07-08
Posts: 1062
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

There's no tracking protection because the shipping companies don't trust us 8)

Offline

 

#18 2007-05-11 01:50:22

Arkhan
Dan Dare
Registered: 2007-05-08
Posts: 74

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

i just splooged

Offline

 

#19 2007-08-25 03:21:02

ross
Bloody beginner
Registered: 2007-08-25
Posts: 3

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

wow...

this is real porn smile

ross

Offline

 

#20 2007-08-26 19:16:09

AxiMaxi
PROPHET64 GURU
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 548
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

All the Amiga stuff is now gone.


If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough.

Offline

 

#21 2007-08-26 21:43:27

Skrenos
Dan Dare
From: South Central Missouri, USA
Registered: 2006-12-22
Posts: 73

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

KONEY wrote:

They don't thrust us...

UNF UNF!

Offline

 

#22 2007-08-28 01:34:21

SlaserX
Dan Dare
Registered: 2007-03-27
Posts: 73

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

philip wrote:

I bought a 1351 mouse for 4 Euros as well.

Find me a 1351 mouse for 4 euros and I'll do dirty things to you.

Offline

 

#23 2007-08-28 09:39:56

Slorrin
PROPHET64 GURU
Registered: 2006-07-09
Posts: 871

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

i have an extra 1351...

NOT FOR SALE!!

AHAHAAHHAHAHA, yes, you jerk!  take that!!  SLAM!~!!!!!!

arrogance of morder!!! +12!

Offline

 

#24 2007-08-29 21:24:19

SlaserX
Dan Dare
Registered: 2007-03-27
Posts: 73

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

hmm

Offline

 

#25 2009-12-01 01:19:22

rokus666
Bomb Jack
From: NYC
Registered: 2009-11-21
Posts: 34
Website

Re: Commodore Gear Porn!

is there a way to fix 1351 mouse ?

My X axis is not moving. Works up and down but not left and right...

anyone ?

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by
© Copyright 2002–2008