Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-10 14:57:04

RebornOnline
Zak
Website

Silent sounds

This is what I'm doing :  I load up sequencer, load up the demo song/sounds, then switch to MIDI mode.  I can move through the instruments one by one using a program change.  All OK so far.

The problem?  Several of the sounds (that have names) are silent and a couple don't seem to follow pitch.  I don't think this is a SID1/SID2 issue as I'm using the same channel every time. 

Is this because I have a C64C/8580?  Or are the sounds normally like that?

Cheers !

Griff - Reborn
www.rebornonline.com

#2 2009-04-10 21:13:02

Tonka
PROPHET64 GURU
Website

Re: Silent sounds

Hello there!

The only sounds which I can think of which may be silent are ones using the arpeggiator and are in 'synced to MIDI mode' (see page 49 in the sequencer manual), as these will only sound when the sequence/sequencer is playing.  I did mean to mention this to 8BV when I made a list of bugs/irritations as it can be quite annoying!

To make these sounds audiable without your sequencer playing, go into the instrument, down to the arp section and change the timing from synced (TICS, 16 or 32) to 'FREE', and you will then be able to hear the sounds (but they may not sound as originally intended, of course).

The ones that don't follow pitch are probably drum/fx sounds which have been set to 'ABS' in the ARP section (see page 48).

If this is not what you mean, let me know which sounds are not playing (by name) and I will try to dig deeper (though I don't really use MIDI mode).  8580 is what the demo tunes were made on, so that shouldn't be an issue. smile

Jaicen said he'd modify my 1351 mice and now he won't return them or even answer my emails.  True story...  sad

#3 2009-04-17 13:46:18

RebornOnline
Zak
Website

Thanks Tonka!   Might be one for a FAQ somewhere smile

Griff - Reborn
www.rebornonline.com

#4 2009-04-19 20:59:27

Tonka
PROPHET64 GURU
Website

RebornOnline wrote:

Thanks Tonka!   Might be one for a FAQ somewhere smile

We have an FAQ?!  Where?!  smile

8BV should probably update the manual TBH, but that's about as unlikely as a very unlikely thing hapenning at some unlikely time on an unlikely day... wink

Jaicen said he'd modify my 1351 mice and now he won't return them or even answer my emails.  True story...  sad

#5 2009-04-20 12:38:20

RebornOnline
Zak
Website

Just as well we've got a forum to post this stuff on then eh?  wink

Griff - Reborn
www.rebornonline.com

Board footer