PROPHET64 & MSSIAH Userforum

Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-26 14:00:55

firebrandboy
Centipede
Website

what is the best way for mssiah users to keep in touch?

i have a few ideas that i think would help galvanize our community of music-makers. communication is definitely key to development. things feel pretty spread out over the forum. so i feel real-time discussion and long-term documentation could help bring us together and help things to develop.

some ideas could be:

- mssiah blog
- mssiah irc
- mssiah gatherings/gigs
- chat on msn/aim

does anyone else have any ideas? feel free to email me or contact me on aim via the username firebrandboy.

#2 2009-02-26 14:05:59

Flemming
The Last Ninja

Re: what is the best way for mssiah users to keep in touch?

MSSIAH chat, right here in the forum smile actually it's irc but with a widget from www.mibbit.com we can have an in-forum html-based irc chatroom smile
..i've seen those tons of places and it would be so much fun to chat with eachother smile

#3 2009-02-26 14:07:41

ron
PROPHET64 GURU
Website

If only we weren't so lazy in contributing sad
Recalling something about several Prophet64 inspired collective projects dying already before.

(edit) not nagging, more like an incentive to gain a better effort this time wink

Last edited by ron (2009-02-26 14:10:54)

#4 2009-02-26 14:14:18

firebrandboy
Centipede
Website

ron wrote:

If only we weren't so lazy in contributing sad
Recalling something about several Prophet64 inspired collective projects dying already before.

(edit) not nagging, more like an incentive to gain a better effort this time wink

yeah, i remember those days.

Flemming wrote:

MSSIAH chat, right here in the forum smile actually it's irc but with a widget from www.mibbit.com we can have an in-forum html-based irc chatroom smile
..i've seen those tons of places and it would be so much fun to chat with eachother smile

that sounds cool. i'd be down with that. i've used that on the monome.org forum. how easy would it be to implement? if it is a problem perhaps we could set up a mssiah irc channel on esper.net. at least in the meantime. that server already hosts some other good channels ie. #renoise, #8bc and #botb etc.

#5 2009-02-26 14:23:09

firebrandboy
Centipede
Website

i also think a small compilation would be great but like ron said, the last attempt wasn't fruitful. however, even if there were maybe a handful of artists committed to it then it would be do-able.

#6 2009-02-26 14:24:26

Flemming
The Last Ninja

firebrandboy wrote:

that sounds cool. i'd be down with that. i've used that on the monome.org forum. how easy would it be to implement? if it is a problem perhaps we could set up a mssiah irc channel on esper.net. at least in the meantime. that server already hosts some other good channels ie. #renoise, #8bc and #botb etc.

Well, to be honest i dunno anything about irc wink i'm up for whatever, but being able to log-on via my browser is important or i'll never find you guys smile my hope is that if a html-based client is hooked up in the forum then people will stop by... and it doesn't really need much care regarding maintaining and moderating

#7 2009-02-26 14:34:51

firebrandboy
Centipede
Website

ok guys, i've registered #mssiah on irc.esper.net. come join the fun!

Flemming wrote:

firebrandboy wrote:

Well, to be honest i dunno anything about irc wink i'm up for whatever, but being able to log-on via my browser is important or i'll never find you guys smile my hope is that if a html-based client is hooked up in the forum then people will stop by... and it doesn't really need much care regarding maintaining and moderating

might be worth checking Chatzilla if you use Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16

Board footer