PROPHET64 & MSSIAH Userforum

Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-09 23:52:52

Sepp Ultura
Bloody beginner

Connections - how do you guys hook up your C64?

Hi folks!

The title really says it all. How do you get audio from your C64 into your audio interfaces. I have a proper C64 DIN to SCART cable. I'm now looking for a way to get audio into my interface.

If I get a scart to cinch adapter, the video connection stays a video connection, right? What a bout the left/right channels. Which one is the audio output? Red, white?

Can I plug the video output cable into my TV while the others are going into the interface?

Sorry for the many questions!! I hope this is not too confusing!

Thanks in advance,
Matt

#2 2011-04-10 02:59:17

DjFluorescent
Space Invader

Re: Connections - how do you guys hook up your C64?

Most people install 1/4" jacks for audio input and output. That's what I do... Although I have one machine that I haven't modded yet so I use a cable that is DIN 8 on one side and three rca cables on the other side (made by commodore) red ,white ,and yellow in color. I use white for Audio. I believe the other two are chroma and luma

It looks like

http://www.softwareoldies.com/Cables/CCSCL.jpg

**** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
64K RAM SYSTEM  38911 BASIC BYTES FREE.

#3 2011-04-11 08:23:29

Sepp Ultura
Bloody beginner

Re: Connections - how do you guys hook up your C64?

Thanks for the tips. I've now somehow found a solution. It's veeeeery lo-fi, though, but that's what it's all about, isn't it? :-)

Here's what I do (please don't kill me): I have a DIN/SCART cable for the C64, that one's going into our old video-recorder that has the capability of feeding SCART signals through and also feeds audio out via cinch. Cinch is going out to the audio interface and SCART to the TV as monitor.. :-)

Very lo-fi, but it works!

But thanks for the suggestion!

Board footer