PROPHET64 & MSSIAH Userforum

Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-24 00:01:49

Catbus
Bloody beginner

Rare Steinberg MIDI SYNC INTERFACE

A few weeks ago I picked up a complete Commodore 128D system for $5!  I never had a Commodore as a kid, so now that I've got $$$ in my pocket, I decided to get a few nice additions.  In my search, I came across a Steinberg M-S-I on eBay.  All my searching turned up nothing on this device, but I was really wanting to try my hand at making some chip music, so I went ahead and got it, not knowing if it was MIDI, or SYNC, or working even.  Today, I can gladly say that it is indeed a MIDI interface.  The Steinberg M-S-I (MIDI SYNC INTERFACE) is a Passport-compatible cartridge interface for the C64.  It has a ton of features, including 1 MIDI In, 3 MIDI Out, 1 Drum Sync, Tape In/Out, and MIDI Thru Select Button.
I only found out that it was working by running MyMIDI, and selecting Passport as the interface.  Hopefully, the next person that finds one of these will find their way to this post.

Can't figure out how to post the picture...Hmmm.

Equipment: C64(6), C128D, MSSIAH, 1541(2), SX-64 w.JiffyDOS, Alesis QuadraSynth Plus, E-MU, Steinberg M-S-I MIDI SYNC INTERFACE, C64TPC, Datel EPROMMER 64, Datel SupeROM Expander, Sequential Circuits Model 64 Sequencer

#2 2010-06-03 11:26:47

teenager
Gianas Sister

Re: Rare Steinberg MIDI SYNC INTERFACE

put your picture URL between

Code:

[img][/img]

tags. example:

Code:

[img]http://www.kickass-site.com/bestpictureoftheworld.jpg[/img]

Last edited by teenager (2010-06-03 11:28:25)

Board footer