Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-26 16:40:47

Johannes
Bloody beginner

Mssiah Bassline & Monosynth logic environment

Hi all
I created for Logic 8  two environments for Mssiah, one for the bassline, one for the monosynth. They are very simple, but they helped me a lot, so I thought to share it here.
You can download it here :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tte0nw

To import it into your logic 8 project, do the following (translation from my french Logic 8, so maybe some slight changes):
- open Environment window
- Option --> "Import Environment" --> "Layer..."
- Choose the "Mssiah Environment" logic project I created ( after unzipping it)
- Choose layer "MssiahMonosynt" or "MssiahBassline"
- click on "Import"
For a more convenient use, hide cables and protect cables/positions. It'll look much better too.
It's far from perfect, but it works quite well here, and now Mssiah is super nice to use via midi.
It's the very first time I created something with the logic environment, so be indulgent, and feel free to make any change on it of course.
Have fun !

#2 2008-12-26 23:31:44

Flemming
The Last Ninja

Re: Mssiah Bassline & Monosynth logic environment

Very nice smile

Unfortunately i'm not a Mac-user and i would so much like to see the gui-design on these things of yours... can i please ask you to post some small screenshots of these 'environments' so i can see how you chose to lay out the knobs and such ?? ...

#3 2008-12-27 16:41:58

Johannes
Bloody beginner

Sure yes.

The Monosynth Environment :

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x77/jojo75_2007/Mssiah/Image1.png

The Bassline Environment :

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x77/jojo75_2007/Mssiah/Image2.png

As you can see, it's quite simple. There is no real GUI, as the logic environment doesn't allow importation of graphic files( afaik), so you are stuck with the basic tools Logic provides. I decided to keep using vertical faders mainly, as the pots are less convenient to use ( at least here).
On the bassline environment, there is a pattern selector, and an X/Y pad for the filter ( X for cutoff, Y for Resonance). Any ideas for improvements are welcome ( I'm sure a logic environment expert could make something great, like adding midi lfos, arpegiators...even controls for the  internal step-sequencer of mssiah. It should be possible).

Last edited by Johannes (2008-12-27 16:48:31)

#4 2008-12-27 18:10:18

Flemming
The Last Ninja

Still, it's really nice work!!! my GUIs will not be any nicer than yours, and we cover the same arsenal of CCs - lovely to see another MIDI freak making use of the MSSIAHs capabilities...

I tried to do a boolean-oriented filterselector, but i might end up doing one just like yours for the convenience...

#5 2009-02-04 21:39:41

Paco
Bloody beginner

Hi,
Itīs funny I havenīt seen Johannes Logic environment until recently. I madde my own, but it doesnīt look as cute as his wink
BTW, I am trying to assign my UC-33 to it, but values for the parameters seem to have a different scale than regular 0-127 and the environment does not seem to respond to MIDI CC sent from the controller. How can this be done?

#6 2009-02-14 09:33:37

MFox
Bloody beginner

Cool, thanks for the environments. Did anybody create one for the drummer yet?

#7 2009-02-14 09:33:44

neutro
Bloody beginner

This is really cool!
Only it but doesnt have a slider for my favourite feature.

SID 1&2 Detune

guess its not your problem if you dont have SID2SID installed!

also I really like the waveform button for the Bassline environment,
from your knowledge of logic, is it possible to do a similar thing for Monosynth?

an individual button for each OSC waveform would be a good way to keep things labelled.
I dont know bout you guys but i'm getting sick of checking the manual every time I want a Ring Mod OSC!

My Edirol MIDI keyboard cant assign buttons in this way, I wonder if anyone else has solved this?

#8 2009-02-27 11:48:20

Johannes
Bloody beginner

Hi there
sorry, wasn't online these last few weeks. I'll try to improve the environments asap, especially having the things labelled ( oscs waveforms, filter types...). Didn't know how to do it until recently, but it's 100% possible of course, and it will be much more comfortable. Also SID 1&2 detune ( but I will not be able to test it). Should be done in the next 10 days ( not @home at the moment). Also, does it work fine for you already? Is the midi channel/port selection working ok (there is probably a more elegant way to do it)? Any advices welcome ( I'm really new to these things).
I'll do the drummer environment at the same time most probably.
@Paco : I'll try with my own midi controller here. Afaik, for each slider, you can program the output ( midi port, channel, #CC, scale. Here, it's Mssiah), and the input ( your midi controller). Should be feasible. About the midi scales, I have a bitstream 3X, where you can program the scales independently for each controller. Don't know if it's the same on the UC-33.

#9 2009-02-27 11:52:51

firebrandboy
Centipede
Website

can anyone save this in a format that would work with older versions of logic? i have version 7 and would LOVE to try this out.

#10 2009-02-27 12:06:03

Johannes
Bloody beginner

I have logic 7 too, I can try to import it and save it in a logic 7 project. I'll let you know as soon as I'm back @home.

#11 2009-02-27 12:11:51

firebrandboy
Centipede
Website

absolutely fantastic! i'm excited to see it.

#12 2010-07-30 16:42:31

HerrKaschke
Bloody beginner
Website

Hi

here's the Logic 7 Environment i use for the bassline.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj236/3typen/herrkaschke/Bild5.png

dl: www.sharesend.com/ityd0

"Only sick music makes money today" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#13 2011-11-22 23:28:47

squiddon
Bloody beginner

Hi,

Does anyone have any environments for Logic 9?

Cheers smile

Board footer